Bespoke event design & management
New World Travel & Events specialises in events and entertainment solutions that are unique, eclectic and South African at heart. New World believes that each event is different and requires a different approach and solution. From major conferences, to gala dinners, New World Events create beautiful and lasting memories.
New World prides ourselves on the level of personalised service we provide to each of our clients. We get to know our clients’ unique requirements in order to design and deliver the perfect events, tailor made for them. We can provide you with support on any level and assist with organising an entire program, or focus on break-away events. We apply meticulous attention to detail, from stunning styling and décor, to world class catering, supplying just the right entertainment and technical solutions, and arranging all hospitality and travel requirements.
Cape Town accommodation options offer something for everyone. New World has relationships with an extensive range of accommodation options that include everything from luxury Five Star establishments, and intimate boutique hotels, to intimate Bed & Breakfasts and Guest Houses, and even Backpackers for “roughing it.” Unique accommodation options for groups large and small can also be arranged, such as a luxury (or not so luxury) tented camp at wine farms or game farms.
Travel and Transport:
At New World Travel and Events, ground transport has been elevated to an art-form. Whilst we can of course provide the basics such as car, van or bus hire, New World can also turn the journey into the adventure with a host of customised travel options including Harley Davidson and side car adventures, helicopter flips, vintage car drives, boat transfers and more. We will plan every detail of the travel and transport requirements for your guests, once landed safely on South African soil .
Cape Town has a wealth of venues; large and small, inside or outside. With over 20 years of producing events across the city, New World’s team of experts know how to source and secure the best possible venues for any type or size of event. No venue is too unique for us to work with, having staged events at the foot of Table Mountain, on roads, beaches, at wine farms, and game parks.We source the perfect venues at some of the most breath taking locations in the world – with sea or mountain views, rustic winelands settings, unique and historical locations and more – we really are spoiled for choice in South Africa.
Décor and styling
Additionally our expert décor team is able to transform any space into a magical event experience. We love to design and style every detail of your event and source from many hiring companies pulling items together to bring just the right touch – colourful, fun décor for thematic or cultural themed events; industrial or retro throwback to eras gone by; rustic up-cycled furniture; bespoke luxury for those special occasions.
New World also works with a team of local artists who create unique décor and installation set pieces that can transform a standard venue into a township shebeen, a game farm, or a rural village. If you can imagine it, New World’s creative team of artists can create it.
Catering and bar services
Fresh, fragrant, mouth-wateringly delicious, beautifully presented… these are all the things we look for when selecting the catering service for our events.
Gifting, merchandise, branding and accessories
New World Travel and Events sources products and gifts from small local businesses, and manufacturers, along with brightest design stars and emerging new talent. Our gifting and merchandise options are uniquely South African and guests always love taking home a memory of Africa. The products are carefully selected to ensure the highest product quality.
You can choose from market-ready products or we can custom-design bespoke products in your corporate colour scheme, logos or to suit your unique brief.
The market-ready products sourced from our extensive database of creative businesses include:
- Corporate, Promotional and Personal Gifts
- Textiles – Clothing
- Textiles – Soft Furnishing
- Furniture & Lighting
- Upcycled Products
- Décor Products
- Fashion & Accessories
- Health & Beauty
- Conference Stationary & Accessories
Custom designed tours
The Big Six Tourist Attractions of Cape Town include:
- Iconic Table Mountain (one of the seven natural wonders of the world). Catch the aerial cable car to the summit and take in the breath-taking 360-degree views of the Cape Peninsula.
- Cape Point (where the two oceans meet). Enjoy a half day Peninsula trip to Cape Point via Chapmans Peak scenic drive. Book a tour guided coach or shuttle, Vintage Car, Harley Davidson or sidecar adventures.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (one of the nine floral kingdoms of the world) explore the gardens and take a picnic to one of the weekly summer sunset music concerts.
- Winelands – Cape Town has 18 Official Wine Routes amongst the most scenic in the world – sample fine wines and world rated cuisine.
- Robben Island is most famous for having housed Nelson Mandela for 18 of the 27 years he spent in prison during the Apartheid years. Enjoy a scenic boat trip to the island and explore the museum tour at this World Heritage Site.
- V&A Waterfront – live, eat, play – accommodation, restaurants, entertainment and shopping, shopping, shopping – all set in the heart of the oldest working harbour in South Africa.
Explore like a local – apart from the must see Big 6 Tourist Attractions above there are many niche attractions and hot spots only a local Capetonian will know about. Let us know your particular likes and interests and we will plan your itinerary to include the many hidden gems of Cape Town.
- Cuisine – spoil yourself at one of our many global award winning restaurants, enjoy fresh-off-the-boat seafood, spicy Cape Malay curries or visit one of the popular slow food markets to sample home-made artisan fare. Trendy coffee shops and hipster burger and craft beer joints. Catch a seat at a sidewalk café and watch the world go by.
- Sport – whether you are playing or watching South Africa is sports mad – golf, sailing, rugby, cricket, football, horse riding or even chess. Cape Town has all the infrastructure and has hosted many local and international sporting events.
- Action Adventure – Get your thrill on – shark cage diving, mountain climbing, abseiling, hiking, road running or trail running, cycling and mountain biking.
- Game Farms – less than a day’s drive or an hour’s flight and you will find Big 5 Game Farms in the Eastern Cape which are world renown and malaria free.
- Flora & Fauna – the Cape boasts a rich biodiversity. Explore the many sanctuaries inland or along the coastline. Plan a trip up the unspoiled West Coast to take in the unique Renosterveld, rock art of the Koi San and wondrous carpeted fields of spring flowers. Pop into the penguin colony in the South Peninsula. Whale watching up close in Hermanus during breeding season. Take a day trip to the Karoo to find rare succulents, the Kango Caves, ostrich and crocodile farms. Drive through the Swartland via rolling fields of golden wheat to hike the mountains of the Cederberg and plunge into the rock pools and waterfalls. Apart from outdoor adventures, don’t miss our world class Two Oceans Aquarium at the V&A Waterfront.
- Museums and Art Galleries – both historic and contemporary design tours.
- Arts and Culture – The cultural tapestry of Cape Town is studded with bright and dark passages. The diverse mix of cultures and lifestyles has created an exciting, innovative and creative art, theatre, music and design scene. Theatres, art galleries, international and local music concerts, intimate venues, backyards, community centres – there is no shortage of natural local talent.
- Township, Lifestyle and Cultural Tours – explore the vibrant cultural heritage of Cape Town. Only by exploring the culture of a country do you find that unique sense of place in the world.
- City and Peninsula Tours – hop-on, hop-off Topless Bus, self-drive or guided tours.
- Walking Tours – plan a walk through nature or one of the guided tours to many of the city’s hotspots.
- Shopping – arts, crafts and curios, fashion, jewellery, antiques, internationally renowned and emerging designers. Whether you are looking for gifts for friends or family, something personal or an investment in art or jewellery – Cape Town has something special for you.
- Wellness and Beauty – Cape Town has an abundance of pamper spa’s and salons, fitness and yoga studios, spiritual retreats and convalescent facilities.
- Nightlife – Cape Town has a buzzing nightlife of theatres, restaurants, bars, live music and night clubs.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of experiences Cape Town has to offer. As a wise man said “Wherever you go, leave something undone. That way you have to go back.” And Cape Town has much to come back for…. We look forward to assisting you in planning your adventure and keep you coming back for more.
Entertainment consulting and event choreography
We have a huge database of both South African and international artists, performers, DJs and entertainers, so can recommend the perfect entertainment solution for your specific needs.
We work with a team of creatives to design costumes, sets and props to ensure that the entertainment is always a memorable factor of each event.We also design extravagant opening and closing ceremonies, and multi-faceted pockets of entertainment throughout a large venue.
We include consulting and co-ordination in our rate and are always on-site to liaise with our entertainers – leaving you hassle-free to tend to the other aspects of your business.
South African Cultural performances and shows | Hosts and Hostesses | Fashion Shows – Eco Fashion, SA Fashion, Contemporary Fashion, Jewellery, Body Painting & Design | Live Bands – marimba, jazz, contemporary, dance and classical | Music Workshops & Drum Circles | Drummers | DJs – retro, commercial, dance | Traditional Dancers | Contemporary Dancers | Burlesque Dancers | Performing Artists | Belly Dancers & Snake Dancers | Opera | Poets, Beat Poets and African Story Tellers | Sangoma’s or Praise Poets | Circus and Cirque performances and shows | Aerial Performers | Magicians | Mimes & Mimics | Human Statues | Puppeteers and Giant Puppets | Characters | Poi Fire Performers | Live Grafitti Pieces | Caricature Artists | Fireworks Display | And Many More!
Jackson & Co.
New World Travel & Events provides a one-stop-shop production crew solution for events. Jackson & Co are a team of semi-skilled and skilled workers. This enthusiastic team of ladies and gents offer the following services under one roof:
- Painting and General Maintenance
- Production Crew to load-in and out and on-site duties
- Cleaning Crew
- Toilet Attendants